Part-time Special Event Staff
Posted: Dec 15, 2021
Company: Carolina Hurricanes
Salary Range: $7.25 per hour
The Carolina Hurricanes are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Special Event Staff position within the Community Outreach department for the 2021-2022 season. The focus of this position will be helping to continue to expand our brand presence at our South Plaza Parties, Mobile Marketing tours, multiple other events, and Hurricanes home games.
The Community Outreach department strives to bring the excitement of hockey and the Hurricanes brand to all ages. Through a wide range of Community Outreach programs, the department not only connects with our biggest fans, but those who have never picked up a stick or witnessed professional hockey. While there is a strong and noticeable presence at home hockey games, the Hurricanes Community Outreach team and activities also extend into local schools, the business community and social events throughout the Triangle and North Carolina.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Help with setting up and breaking down of South Plaza Parties.
- Managing inflatables during the South Plaza Parties.
- Help manage Hurricanes community events, including Watch Parties.
- Willingness to travel to North Carolina events for mobile marketing unit setups.
- Provide exceptional customer service to our fans and corporate partners in attendance.
- Be available to assist with Carolina Hurricanes Foundation special events and game-day activations.
- Special Event Staff will gain experience in promotions, event management, and community relations.
- 80% availability for games is required
- Must possess a personable demeanor, excellent customer service, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in promotions, entertainment events, and/or customer service is a plus.
- A desire to learn and work within the sports industry is necessary.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- College students encouraged to apply.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
The hourly rate for this position is $7.25 per hour.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.