Part-time Event Security Officer
Posted: Dec 30, 2019
Salary Range: $10.00 per hour
Event Security Officers will be responsible for securing the building and equipment of the Arena and enforcing access throughout the building. Security officers will maintain order before, during and after events. Event Security Officers will be assigned to a variety of posts during an event. Many of these posts are ‘standard’ posts for a given type event at PNC Arena. Examples are guest and patron screening and searching using walk through metal detectors and/or handheld wands, posts on the arena floor managing access to the floor. A majority of the
Event Security Officer posts will be at PNC Arena external doors. Specific post assignments are subject to change from event to event. All event security officers must be able to work at any vacant post as needed.
- Must be at least 18 years old. Must possess valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation.
- Must have valid contact information on file at all times (ie phone number, email address). Basic computer knowledge is recommended.
- Must possess excellent written, verbal, customer service skills and attention to detail a plus.
- Positions are for the active and outgoing types. Applicants Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Capable of standing for long periods of time and able to walk / maneuver for at least ½ of a mile. Duties can involve having to squat, kneeling, or climb stairs as needed.
- Must be able to work flexible work schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to work in all types of weather as some spots are outside of the arena
- Must be able to report to work by 5:30 PM on weekdays.
- Will be required to successfully complete State of NC required Crowd Manager Training Certification within the first 120 days of employment.
- High School diploma or its equivalent preferred.
- Previous security, military, teaching or law enforcement experience a plus.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.