Event Services-Elevator Operator
Posted: Jul 31, 2019
Salary Range: $9.00 per hour
This position will be responsible for greeting guests, checking tickets, safe operation of elevators and providing guests with needed information on all aspects of the facility, and assisting in event management to maintain crowd control throughout the event.
Qualified individuals must possess a friendly and personable demeanor, excellent customer service skills, knowledge of building policies and procedures. Must be a team player and be available to work event hours. Specifically, they must have the:
• Ability to work in confined areas, in particular operating passenger and freight elevators.
• Ability to work in areas of high elevation (above crowd and media seating areas) within the facility.
• Ability to work in areas with a high concentration of cigarette smoke.
• Ability to interact with fellow employees and the general public in a positive and professional manner.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time and climb stairs as required to assigned areas.
• Ability to lift objects up to 25 lbs.
• Available to work nights, weekends and holidays. Must be able to report to work by 5:30 PM on weekdays.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or its equivalent.
• Previous experience in dealing with the public or a related field.
• Prior Arena experience is a plus but not required
*Must pass a crimnal background check
*Will be required to successfully complete NC State required Crowd Manager Training Certification within the first 120 days of employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.