Part-time Promotions Special Event Staff
Posted: Aug 6, 2019
Salary Range: $7.25 per hour
The Carolina Hurricanes are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Special Event Staff position within the Promotions & Fan Development department for the remaining 2019-2020 season. The main focus of this position will be helping with our South Plaza Parties and events.
The Promotions and Fan Development department strives to bring the benefits and excitement of hockey to all ages and skill levels. Through a wide range of promotions and fan development programs the department not only connects with our biggest fans, but those who have never picked up a stick or witnessed professional hockey. While there is a strong and noticeable presence at home hockey games, the Hurricanes promotions and fan development activities also extend into local schools, the business community and social events throughout the Triangle and North Carolina.
Our department is also home to the Hurricanes mascot-- Stormy the Ice Hog; the fan development team, Storm Squad; and the Hurricanes youth and amateur hockey programs, all of which help further our objectives to impact the entire community.
South Plaza Parties are held during select Carolina Hurricanes home games. Each party includes live music, an inflatable obstacle course, moon bounce, street hockey, the slap shot booth, food and beverage and interactive sponsor booths. The parties start two hours before face-off and end 15 minutes before puck drop.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing inflatable rides during the South Plaza Parties
- Help with setting up and breaking down of South Plaza Parties
- Help manage Hurricanes community events.
- Willingness to travel to North Carolina events for mobile marketing unit setups.
- Provide exceptional customer service to our fans and corporate partners in attendance.
- Be available to assist with special events like the Caniac Carnival, Summerfest Celebration, Kids ‘N Community Foundation events, and game-day giveaways.
- Special Event Staff will gain experience in promotions, event management, public and community relations and will see leadership opportunities.
- 80% availability for games is required.
- Must possess a personable demeanor, excellent customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in promotions or entertainment events is considered a plus.
- A desire to learn and work within the sports industry is necessary.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- College students encouraged to apply
- Must pass a criminal background check
The hourly rate for this position is $7.25 per hour
If you have any questions, please contact Madison Clement at [email protected]
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.