Social Media Intern
Posted: Oct 28, 2019
Salary Range: $7.25 per hour
The social media intern will assist and support the digital arm of the Carolina Hurricanes Marketing department. This role will provide a candidate with an opportunity to contribute to the organization’s digital media, fan engagement, revenue and brand growth goals while gaining experience and learning new skills in a fast-paced sports environment. Candidates must be able to contribute up to 30 hours per week and be available on nights, weekends and to attend all home games.
- Capture content using mobile device or camera at games, practice, team activities, video shoots and select events for usage on social platforms
- Assist in researching, ideation and content planning, programming and asset collection for team and player social media
- Support social media team with messaging, customer service and weekly / monthly reporting responsibilities
- Collaborate with the social media team, ensuring accounts are sources of relevant, engaging and informational content
- Support digital team in reporting on digital and advertising campaigns
- As needed, support digital staff with website, e-mail and other marketing initiatives
- All other duties as assigned, including administrative tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in a marketing or media related field or pursuing a degree in those fields.
- Proactive self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, copyediting and style guide fluency preferred
- Understanding of best social media practices for brands and comfort in capturing content for usage on social media
- Previous work or internship experience in sports, with a focus on digital content management, writing and editing and social media strongly preferred
- Understanding of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office experience a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.