Guest Health & Safety Guidelines
Welcome back! We're so glad you're here. The health and safety of our guests and staff is our top priority. We look forward to opening our doors to our community and enjoying sports, concerts, and live entertainment once again!
Below are various requirements and changes to the guest experience you can expect upon your return to PNC Arena. We ask that all guests adhere to guidelines to ensure a safe experience for everyone. These protocols will continue to evolve based on modified standards and public health and governmental directives.
Face Masks Recommended
Masks are recommended for guests.
- Please do not congregate on the concourse, at The Deck, Locker Room, Ledge Bar, or Pub 300. We kindly request that you return to your seats after receiving your food and beverage items.
- All tickets are mobile only using Ticketmaster SafeTix.
- Tickets can be purchased at Ticketmaster.com.
- Print-at-home tickets will not be accepted and there is no will call available.
- All transacations must be via credit or debit card.
- Mobile tickets can be accessed using your Ticketmaster.com account or Caniac Account Manager. Guests can transfer tickets to others in their party, but you will not be able to take a screenshot and forward to another guest.
- It is recomended to add your ticket(s) to your phone's "wallet" and have a fully charged battery. You will simply tap and go at the gate.
- The Box Office remains closed, however, Mobile Assistant Agents will be available at the Box Office to assist guests with mobile ticketing issues and questions.
Carolina Hurricanes Bag Policy:
- No bags are permitted into NHL games.
- Wallets and wristlets smaller than 4.5" x 6.5" are permitted and subject to pass through x-ray machines.
- Parenting and medical bags are permitted; these bags will be scanned and tagged.
Bag policies for all other Arena events are determined by the tour promoter and may vary by each event. Please check the respective Event page for details.
Entry & Security Screening
- Exterior signage and stanchions will be used to define points of entry, lanes for queuing, and all directional flow.
- All guests will pass through metal detectors, ensuring minimal contact.
- No bags are permitted for Carolina Hurricanes games; bag policies for other Arena events vary and are subject to change.
- For the 2020-2021 Carolina Hurricanes season, parking fees are built into the ticket price.
- For all other events, it is encouraged to purchase your parking pass at the time of your ticket purchase via Ticketmaster.com. PNC Arena is now cashless.
- Guests needing accessible parking should display their placard to be visible to parking staff.
- Guests are asked to wear a mask in their car should they need to interact with parking staff members, and as they exit their vehicle and approach the Arena.
Tailgating is permitted on site. Parking lot opening times vary based on event. All guests must follow approved Tailgating Procedures and not restrict access to adjacent parking spaces or roadways.
Food & Beverage
- Concession stands have a new touchless payment POS system; all transactions are credit or debit card only.
- Concessions are currently limited to select stand locations, plus additional offerings the GameDay Marketplace Convenience Store at Section 126.
- Condiments, straws, and other convenience items are individually packaged and available upon request.
No cash will be accepted. PNC Arena has transitioned to a cashless experience to include ticketing, parking, concessions, and merchandise.
All purchases can be made using a debit or credit card. Apple Pay and Google Pay are also accepted at concessions stands and The Eye team store.
Please visit our policies page for a complete list of PNC Arena polices.
Health & Safety
PNC Arena is committed to following rigorous cleaning and sanitization protocols, following guidelines from the CDC, NHL, and local health agencies.
Enhanced Cleaning Protocols
- High-touch surfaces such as door handles, railings, and countertops are sanitized frequently before, during, and after each event.
- All seating areas are sanitized using electrostatic sprayers and an EPA-approved disinfectant spray following each event.
- Over 40 touchless hand sanitizer stations are available, including upon Arena entry and at all concession stands.
- Restrooms are equipped with motion-sensor soap dispensers, faucets, paper towel dispensers, and toilets. Some restrooms will have closed stalls and sinks to allow for social distancing.
- Frequent hand washing and mask hygiene reminders are visible throughout the Arena.
Staff Requirements & Safety
- Masks are recommended per CDC guidelines.
- All staff members are trained on new health and safety protocols.
PNC Arena Guest Promise
We strive to provide a safe and healthy experience for our guests and staff members. You can do your part to help us, too!
- Be a Team Player: There may be notable adjustments to the guest experience. We ask for patience and respect for staff and fellow guests as we continue to navigate reopening together.
- Guest Wellness: Stay home when you are sick. Please do not attend an event if you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, have recently tested positive for COVID-19 or have been in contact with someone who has recently tested positive or experienced symptoms. Wash you hands, utilize hand sanitizer, cover coughs and sneezes, and avoid touching your face. For best practices, please visit CDC.gov.
- Social Distancing: Follow signage throughout PNC Arena for instructions, including concourse traffic flow. Do not congregate on the concourse. Forego handshakes, high-fives, fist bumps, and hugs. We kindly suggest celebrating with air-fives.
- Wear a Mask: Masks are recommended for all guests and employees.
- When in Doubt: Follow the three Ws - Wear a mask. Wait six feet apart. Wash your hands frequently.
COVID-19 Guest Assumption of Risk
I acknowledge the contagious nature of the Coronavirus/COVID-19 and that the CDC and many other public health authorities still recommend practicing social distancing. I further acknowledge that Gale Force Sports & Entertainment, L.L.C (the “Company”) has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of the Coronavirus/COVID-19. I further acknowledge that the Company cannot guarantee that I will not become infected with the Coronavirus/Covid-19 while attending an event at PNC Arena (an “Event”). I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to and/or infected by the Coronavirus/COVID-19 at an Event may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, Company staff, contractors, and people in attendance at the Events. I acknowledge that by virtue of my attendance at an Event, I am increasing my risk to exposure to the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
I acknowledge that I must comply with all set procedures to reduce the spread while attending and Event.
Further, at each Event, I shall attest that:
- I am not experiencing any symptom of illness such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
- I have not traveled internationally within the last 14 days.
- I have not traveled to a highly impacted area within the United States of America in the last 14 days.
- I do not believe I have been exposed to someone with a suspected and/or confirmed case of the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
- I have not been diagnosed with Coronavirus/Covid-19 and not yet cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities.
- I am following all CDC recommended guidelines as much as possible and limiting my exposure to the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
I hereby release and agree to hold the Company, DCP HH LLC, KT Sports & Entertainment, Inc., Hurricanes Holdings, L.L.C., the NHL Member Clubs, NHL Enterprises, L.P., NHL Enterprises Canada, L.P., the NHLPA and each of their respective affiliates, successors and assigns, together with their respective officers, directors, partners, stockholders, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Group”) harmless from, and waive on behalf of myself, my heirs, and any personal representatives any and all causes of action, claims, demands, damages, costs (including any attorneys’ fees), expenses and compensation for damage or loss to myself and/or property that may be caused by any act, or failure to act of the Company, or that may otherwise arise in any way in connection with my attendance at an Event. I understand that this release discharges the Group from any liability or claim that I, my heirs, or any personal representatives may have against the Group with respect to any bodily injury, illness, death, medical treatment, or property damage that may arise from, or in connection to, any services received from the Group.